History and Location
Acıbadem University is a private institution, established in 2007. The university brings together many medical disciplines for students to choose from when planning for their future.
The head of the Board of Higher Education did not want Acıbadem to only be a school of healthcare. For this reason, the school offers a wide array of health-related courses, departments and professional training programmes.
Acıbadem is the first medical school in Turkey to offer many applications and ways of knowledge acquisition. With the aid of professionals using the highest-level technologies and discovering innovative elements, the university wishes to help individuals gain insight of their purpose as a trained health professional and expose them to different kinds of knowledge. Students will not only be equipped to practice within Turkey but will also be trained and skilled to compete internationally. Our university is dedicated to giving students all that they may need in order to achieve professional success in their chosen area. Our aim is not to create a force of manpower in academics but to produce a craving for knowledge that will be someday implemented into the work field. Therefore, Acıbadem is not focused on applying concepts to small groups, but rather strives to encourage students to find their own calling in the medical world and to provide them with the tools they need to complete their own field research.
Please be informed that only School of Medicine is educated in English. Other undergraduate programs and Vocational School of Health Services Programs are educated in Turkish.
- School of Medicine
- Faculty of Health Sciences:
- Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Health Care Management
Announcement: In 2013-2014 Academic Year new students will be accepted to three new departments.
Faculty of Arts And Sciences:
Department of Psychology
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Faculty of Health Sciences:
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
Associate Degree Programmes:
Vocational School of Health Services:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Anesthesiology Technician
- Pathology Lab Technician
- Radiotheraphy Lab Technician
- Medical Documentation and Secretarial
- Medical İmaging Technician
- Medical Lab Technician
Announcement: In 2013-2014 Academic Year new students will be accepted to four departments in Vocational School of Health Services:
Duyuru: Tıp Fakültesi dışındaki lisans ve önlisans programlarımızın eğitim dili Türkçedir. Tıp Fakültesi İngilizce eğitim vermektedir.
- Tıp Fakültesi
- Sağlık Bilimleri Fakültesi:
- Fizyoterapi ve Rehabilitasyon Bölümü
- Hemşirelik Bölümü
- Sağlık Yönetimi
Duyuru: 2013-2014 Akademik Yılında açılacak üç farklı lisans programı şu şekildedir:
Fen Edebiyat Fakültesi:
Moleküler Biyoloji ve Genetik Bölümü
Sağlık Bilimleri Fakültesi:
Beslenme ve Diyetetik Bölümü
Meslek Yüksek Okulu Programları:
- İlk ve Acil Yardım
- Patoloji Laboratuvar Teknikleri
- Tıbbi Dokümantasyon ve Sekreterlik
- Tıbbi Görüntüleme Teknikleri
- Tıbbi Laboratuvar Teknikleri
Duyuru: 2013-2014 Akademik Yılında Sağlık Hizmetleri Meslek Yüksek açılacak dört farklı ön lisans programı şu şekildedir:
- Perküsyon Teknikleri
- Yaşlı Bakımı
Admissions Criterias for Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Instructions Manual for Foreign Student Applicants:
Item1: The aim of this instructions manual is to determine the rules and regulations as to how foreign students will be eligible to study at Acibadem University for the “Exam for Foreign Students” (YÖS) have not been given since the Academic Year of 2010-2011.
Item2: Only the Foreign students who fulfill the conditions given below in this manual and those who have finished schools accepted by the Turkish Ministry of Education can apply for the programs offered at Acibadem University including the Associate Programs affective from the Academic Year 2010-2011.
Item3: The students who are subject to Northern Cyprus citizenship and those with double citizenships one of which is Turkish are exempt from this program and cannot apply to any program offered to foreign students at Acibadem University.
Item4: The documents needed for application are as follows:
- The applicants are required to submit their legally approved transcripts in a confidential(closed and stamped) envelope or folder. Their transcripts are to certify all the courses that they have completed in their high schools(or lycees) and all the marks/grades that they have scored on those courses.
- If the related transcripts are not in English or in Turkish, they are supposed to be translated into English/Turkish and submitted along with their legally approved translated copy in a confidential(closed and stamped) envelope or folder.
- Along with the documents required above, the applicants are to hand in their exam result document(s) and its (their) legally approved copy, which is a proof of their acceptance or eligibility to our university.
- They are supposed to hand in the legally approved copy of their passports.
- They are also required to submit an equivalency certificate issued either by a Turkish Embassy or the Turkish Ministry of Education, which proves that their high school diplomas are equivalent to those of Turkish high schools.
Item5: Only the applicants who have scored the following results in the exams/concours given below can be exempt from proficiency exam that will be delivered by our university:
- SAT 1: A minimum total score of 1100 and Mathematical score of minimum 600 is required.
- Tawjihi: The candidates are supposed to have scored a minimum of 90 on the Scientific Stream Exam of the Tawjihi Exams delivered in the countries, Palestine and Jordan.
- GCE: A minimum of three “A” scores are required, one of which is supposed to be related to the major that the students is applying for.
- ACT: A minimum score of 24 points is required on Math, Science Reasoning and Total Score (Composite Score).
- Baccalaureate Libanais: The graduate degree should not be lower than 15 on “the Science Stream” exams of Baccalaureate Libanais in Lebanon.
- International Baccalaureate: The graduate degree should not be lower than 30.
- Those applicants who have places like gold,silver and bronze in the “International Scientific Olympics”, which the Turkish Science Institution(TUBİTAK) recognizes.
Item6: The applicants who have not taken part in or scored the required results on one of he exams or concours stated above in Item5 are subject to take the “proficiency exam” of our university and get the scores that our university council determines.
Item7: The applicants can not write more than 5 alternative majors to apply for.
Item8: Acıbadem University has the sole legal authority to whether or not accept those students into the programs the applicants have applied for even if they have fulfilled all the necessary conditions or announced that they are within the stated capacity.
Item9: The applicants will be both informed about the results personally with a letter. The results will also be announced on the website of our university.
Those who are accepted to the programs will be sent a “Letter of Acceptance ” by our university.They are supposed to take the “Letter of Acceptance” to the Turkish Embassy in their country and get a “Student’s Visa” with that letter. This visa is absolutely necessary to cross the Turkish border and to register any program at Acıbadem University. Those who are already in Turkey can get their visas at the “Istanbul Police Headquarters”.
Item10: The applicants who register the programs at Acıbadem University are supposed to take Turkish courses (at Acıbadem University or TÖMER Language Courses) if they are NOT PROFICIENT in TURKISH. Those who do not get a “Turkish Language Proficiency Certificate” within an academic term and those who cannot submit this document to their program administration in the following academic term during the registration period will not be able to renew their registration and drop out of their academic program.
Item11: The Medical School offers courses in the English language whereas the other schools and programs offer courses only in Turkish.The students who are accepted according to the “Foreign Students Manual” are subject to the rules and regulations of any program (Medical School Curriculum and Exam Regulations, Undergraduate and Associate Programs Curriculum and Exam Regulations) they follow at Acıbadem University, which our domestic students are also subject to.
Item12: The foreign students can apply to the programs at Acıbadem University between July 1-30 of every year. “The Testing and Measurement Exam” is given on a certain day in the second week of August every year.
Item13: “The Rector’s Office” at Acıbadem University is the only authority for the execution of this “Manual”. The Manual is effective with the approvals of the Acıbadem University Council and the Director Office of the Higher Educational Council in Turkey (YÖK).
Acıbadem University offers dormitory options not only to Turkish students but also; to international students in Kerem Aydınlar Campus. The single, double and triple rooms are furnished, kitchens and baths are designed for students , also; they can use the computer an study rooms in the buildings.
Also, the students who will stay in the dormitories can take the advantage of the location of Acıbadem University Kerem Aydınlar Campus., which is located one of the main towns on the Asian side of Istanbul. The bus stations and the Metro line is very close to the campus so that, the students can use the public transportaion very easily.