How to apply?
For 2016-2017 academic year applications are open at BAU International University, Batumi to July 1, 2016.
Foreign applicants should apply at BAU International University, Batumi online.
- Original high-school graduation diploma;
- Transcript of academic record;
- Copy of passport;
- Internationally accepted English Language Certificate if available (minimum required level - B2);
After all required documents are submitted and considered, the University issues a conditional acceptance letter.
At the same time applicants must apply at the LEPL National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement in order to gain recognition of foreign education. Electronic applications are available here: www.eqe.ge
The following documents must be annexed to the application form:
- Copy of passport/ID document (translated into Georgian language and certified by a notary);
- Copy of complete general education certificate or its equivalent and its supplement/transcript of academic record issued by a foreign educational institution (translated into Georgian language and certified by a notary);
- Written consent issued by the Principal of the higher educational institution selected by a high-school graduate stating the possibility of his/her enrollment in vacant positions within the scope of the general number of students (indicating the first/last name of applicant and educational program);
- A receipt proving the payment of the Foreign Qualification Recognition fee. Prices: GEL 30 for the regular procedure (30 business days), GEL 60 for the expedited procedure (15 business days).
- If the application is submitted by another person, a document certifying their power of attorney;
NB: In order to facilitate the process of foreign education recognition BAU International University, Batumi is ready to apply on behalf of foreign applicants at LEPL National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement. The university is also covering all the application costs incurred during the recognition process.
After the recognition procedures are completed, the Ministry of Education issues an official decision on granting enrollment rights to an applicant for an educational program;
- A high school graduate/candidate shall pay a tuition fee for one semester and present a receipt together with recognition documents to the University;
- The University rector signs a decision on a student’s final enrollment to an appropriate faculty and specialty.
English Language Requirement
As the medium of instruction at BAU Batumi International University is English applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of English language (Minimum B 2) knowledge. Therefore, applicants are required to provide one of the following international English Language Certificates:
- TOEFL (iBT 79),
- IELTS 6.5 (Acad.),
- FCE B,
- YDS 80,
- Pearson PTE Acad. 78,
- CAE A
BAU International University, Batumi applicants are offered to take English Language exam "BAU Proficiency" if they have required command of English but can’t provide any above mentioned international language certificates. The minimum score at BAU Proficiency exam should be 80.
All foreign applicants who cannot present any above enumerated international English Language Certificates and at the same time fail BAU Proficiency exam are registered on English language preparatory school.
After enrollment at BAU Batumi International University students are required to go through academic and financialregistration at International Marketing and Student Support Division. During the registration students should submit all required documents.
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition fee for the citizens of Republic of Georgia and Turkey for 2016-2017 academic year is 7900 USD per year.
Tuition fee for citizens of any country except Georgia and Turkey for 2016-2017 academic year is 14900 USD per year.
Scholarship for citizens of any country except Georgia and Turkey for 2016-2017 academic year is 2500 USD per year.